Sunday, December 17, 2017

Hot Maple Pecans




Hot Maple Pecans

So, you made the Sweet Hot Mustard, but you have more friends coming over, or although you have your close friends covered, you have a few more semi-friends and a few tolerable colleagues on your “maybe I should give them a gift” list.  Well, once again, as both my faithful readers have learned, I am here to help.  Think the Sweet Hot Mustard was easy to make?  Well, check out Hot Maple Pecans!

You may be asking yourself, where the hell does your kitchen counselor come up with all these indescribably delicious recipes. I’ll tell you if you promise not to divulge my culinary secrets. 

Some I make up.  Some come from a collection of family favorites.  Many come from friends who are much more skilled in the kitchen than I. Some catch my eye on the net and serve as a basis, from which I always diverge.

But, one thing I can promise.  I have made these recipes in my own kitchen before I ever put them in my blog.  I do this because I love my devoted followers, both of them.  Ok, maybe love is too strong a word.  I severely and reverently like both my devoted readers and am fond of the rest of you.

Enough saccharine sentimentality and on to a sweet little treat that you can add to your repertoire and give as special gifts to close friends, as well as those you tolerate.

Hot Maple Pecans
1 lb pecan halves
3 T butter - melted
1/4 Cup maple syrup 
1 T brown sugar 
3/4 t salt
1/2 t ground red pepper

Plus butter for greasing your rimmed baking pan. 

Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC) and to prevent sticking, either butter your baking pan, or line with parchment paper. 

Mix the butter, maple syrup, brown sugar, salt and red pepper until well blended.  Heat on low only until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Toss in the pecans and stir briefly until well coated.  Spread in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, stirring one or twice. Allow to cool.

You can sub cinnamon for the red pepper, but I never would.  If the bastards can’t handle a little bit of spice, meal’s over!

So there it is, another quick fix to the quivering fear that you may not have a gift for those you barely like. 

See how important it is to subscribe to my blog?  Think of the problems I’ve already solved for you!  And as you sprint to the four corners of the earth this holiday season, Merry Christmas everyone!  Especially you, Tiny Tits Tim!


1 comment: