Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Poem Words

 Poem Words

 

A poem came to me one day

Just a word that went astray

And fortunately passed my way.

No tone or promise, just an array.

Two more floated, then another

Drifted past and softly uttered

A hint of rhyme that lingered long

And strung together, prolonged.

The beauty of it felt so new,

Red and yellow, pink and blue

Bouquets of flowers not of words

Not at all what I first heard.

But bouquets need attending

Rearranging, somehow blending

Until they look just right

Standing tall in bright sunlight.

It’s then I found the words were rhyme

A poem passing through my mind.  

And that is how it came to be

Nothing at all to do with me.

I’m just a catcher of stray words

Passed by wind and songs of birds

Until at once they come together

Poem words from wind and feather.



Please leave a comment and be sure to subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment