Sunday, April 21, 2019

The Hope in Every Sunrise





The Hope in Every Sunrise

Slowly, slowly do I wake, sunlight in my eyes.
Awash in glassy daydreams, alive with wispy sighs.
Shall I amuse with tales today of travels in the mist,
Or relive my vanished youth of girls I longed to kiss?

Or plant a garden, bushy green, adorned with April flowers,
Or splash some colors with a brush and while away the hours?
Perhaps I'll read a thrilling book and fly from page to page,
Discover lands I never knew and dance upon life's stage.

Beauty, beauty everywhere and I can sleep no more.
I must arise, abandon sleep, adventures to explore.
My morning swirls in fantasy, flooding through my mind,
A day to treasure happily the pleasures that I find.

My every day begins anew, with every sunny blast,
A chance to silence yesterday before today is cast.
No need to brood or scoff, or step aside the fray,
For until tomorrow's dawn, my future is today.







No comments:

Post a Comment