Friday, December 6, 2019

Slowly Do I Wake




Slowly slowly do I wake, sunlight in my eyes
Awash with glassy daydreams, alive with wispy sighs.
Shall I amuse with tales today of travels in the mist,
Or relive my vanished youth of girls I longed to kiss?

Or plan a garden, busy green, adored with April flowers,
Or splash some color with a brush and while away the hours?
Perhaps I'll read a thrilling book and fly from page to page,
Discover lands I never knew and dance upon life's stage.

Beauty beauty everywhere and I can sleep no more.
I must arise, abandon sleep, adventures to explore.
My morning swirls in fantasy, flooding through my mind
A day to treasure happily the pleasures that I find.

My every day begins anew, with each new sunny blast,
A change to silent yesterday before today is cast.
No need to brood or scoff, or step aside the fray
For until tomorrow's dawn, my future is today.








No comments:

Post a Comment