Friday, September 25, 2020

Do Bobcats Bob?

 



Do bobcats really bob?

I’m sure that I don’t know,

But, bobcats are quite fast and 

Bobbing is quite slow.

 

Do elephants ever catch a cold and sneeze?

I’ve never been quite near them

But, I would guess that if they did

I’m sure that I would hear them.

 

Whom are the mockingbirds mocking?

The hole in the woman’s silk stocking?

Or perhaps it’s the man’s red hat.

He really is quite fat.

 

The jaybird sits smugly high in a tree

With a very full belly it seems to me.

So, where do the a, b, and c birds sit?

I suspect that j’s consumed all the alphabits.

 

The vultures have gathered to eat a dead buck.

Who was out for stroll and got hit by a truck.

He is tasty indeed say the birds as they feed

Most folks must go hunting, but for us there’s no need.

 

A frog on a log sits still as can be

Apparently there is nothing to see

Then comes a fly and out flies his tongue

To give a tongue-lashing, oh goodness, yum yum.

 

A bass in a brook is looking to feed

And all of a sudden just look what he see’d.

A bright shiny hook and a tasty young worm

But, when the bass bites, he starts to squirm.

 

If chickens had teeth they’d be harder to grasp

To get chicken dinner you’d have to be fast.

It’d no longer be just a squawk from beneath

As they turned their head smartly and sank in their teeth.


Dogs are man’s best friends they say

But then again, the other day

A large, furry brute bit-me by design

And suddenly he was no friend of mine.

 

I do not think a groundhog could be a tidy chap

His face is all unshaven and he always takes a nap

When finally he awakens and shows his face unclean

He just goes back to sleep again. Do you see what I mean?

 

Watch the monkeys eat bananas high up in the tree,

Play a little random tag and maybe scratch a flea.

Then they start to frolic, it all seems very witless

I  have yet to understand the time for monkey business.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment