Sunday, January 22, 2023

Breaking Up

 After what she said to me

The salt was in the wound.

 

If I erased her from my mind

It would not be too soon.

 

She scorched me with her fiery tongue,

Laid waste with her blue eyes.

 

Those eyes which once in wonder seen,

I’ve now come to despise.

 

It’s not enough to say we’re through,

Much deeper goes the sword.

 

Cutting like Excalibur

Was every scabrous word.

 

But, she did smile in her goodbye,

And softer did she sound.

 

Perhaps she did not mean for me

To find a lake and drown.

 

I know I should not sit and dwell,

My mind is far too active.

 

Perhaps I’ll consider her best friend,

Whom I also find attractive.


***********************


Like humor, book reviews, recipes from The Careless Cook? Subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment