Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Chocolate Cookies from The Careless Cook

 




I baked a batch of chocolate cookies for a group of older women, which at my age are the only women I know. 

 

When I mention chocolate anything, it makes me wonder, is chocolate a drug?  It’s an honest question.  Men are addicted to the erotic, but women?  Would they really rather have chocolate?  Maybe that just goes for older women.

 

If anyone knows, please don’t tell me.  Let me live with my treasured, if inconvenient, fantasies.

 

The ladies lit into these cookies as if cookies were the barrier between starvation and living. 

 

Besides the flavor, another thing you’ll like, just like all recipes from The Careless Cook, these are quick and easy to make.

 

Chocolate Cookies

 

For me this recipe made 35 cookies

 

Begin by heading the oven to 350ºF (170ºC)

 

Ingredients

 

2 cups sugar

1 ½ cups butter or margarine, softened

2 large eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 cups all purpose flour

¾ cup unsweetened coco powder (I used Ghirardelli – dark and rich!)

¾ cup sliced almonds (Not essential, but I love the crunch!)

1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, crushed (I used Ghirardelli) Also optional.

 

Puttin’ It Together

 

I used an electric beater, start to finish.

 

In a large bowl, cream the sugar and softened butter.  Add the vanilla extract, beat, then add the eggs and continue to beat until well blended. 

 

Add the almonds and crushed chocolate chips and mix well.

 

Next, put the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and stir.

 

Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, a little at a time, and continue to beat until all is mixed.  The dough will be a little thick.

 

Drop heaping spoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.  Give them some room, as they will spread as they cook.



Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, depending on your oven.

Cookies will be soft.  Leave them on the baking sheet to cool for ten minutes before using a spatula to move them to a cooling surface.



This is a good recipe to make with grandchildren!  Easy!  Fun!

 

Now, back to the situation with older women and chocolate.  I think I know the answer.  All the older women went straight for the cookies, while none of them offered to sit in my lap. 

 

However there is much more research to be done.

 

 

Like this recipe?  Want more humor, book reviews, short stories, and poetry, with no politics cluttering the page?  Subscribe!  

Also, comments are welcome!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment