Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Sunshine Muffins by The Careless Cook

 




I admit this is not totally my recipe. Well, it kinda is.  This is one of those bakery stories that can have many endings.  As you will see, there is room to customize, add, subtract, and make these extraordinarily delicious muffins your very own.  That’s what The Careless Cook did! What the heck, it’s your kitchen and you’re in charge! 

 

Maybe you’re the cook who likes a quick time in the kitchen, ending with breaking open the Procecco and basking in glory, surrounded by appreciative guests begging for more, which may even include your spouse! Well, maybe. Well,  I'm here for you my close, gastronomic friend! Quick. Easy. Delicious.

 

Ok, time to chill the Prosecco and press the button on the oven that says 350ºF or 180ºC. Baking time is 25 minutes in my oven. Yours may be different.

 

Sunshine Muffins by The Careless Cook

 

Ingredients

 

This recipe makes 24 muffins, but feel free to half it.

Grease two muffin pans or one if you’re making half the recipe.

 

2 ½ cups flour (I used unbleached, all purpose flour)

2 ½ cups sugar

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

½ teaspoon salt

3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon

1 heaping cup chopped nuts (or more). I used walnuts, but others use pecans

10 oz frozen mango, chopped.  I chopped them while frozen and let them thaw. Here’s where you can steer your own course with any fruit that delights you, such as apples and berries

½ heaping cup golden raisins, or other raisins if you wish

1 heaping cup unsweetened shredded coconut

4 large eggs

1 cup vegetable oil (I used Canola)

3 tablesppons vanilla extract

 

Puttin’ It Together

 

In a big bowl, mix all the dry ingredients, including the nuts and raisins and coconut, then mix in the mango.  I used my hands for mixing the dry ingredients.  Yes mama, I did wash my hands several times. Yes, I could have used gloves. Yes, let’s get on with the recipe.

 

In a separate bowl, mix well the eggs, oil, and vanilla

 

Add the liquids to the dry incredients and mix well.  Make sure to mix in ALL the flour. Flour tends to hide at the bottom of a big bowl! I used a Danish Dough Whisk. Works well and doesn’t mash things up.

 

 

I used a heaping tablespoon to fill the muffin cups about ¾ full, but a little more or less will do the job.

 

25 minutes later you will be the toast of the hungry neighbors! Recharge those Prosecco flutes and wait for the smiles!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment