Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Plants and Flowers, B & W, Inside and Out!





Plants and Flowers, B & W, Inside and Out!

My mother always had a garden and so did my grandfather, so maybe it’s an inherited green-thumb thing, although I haven’t noticed anyone staring at my thumb. 

Greenery adds something soft and gentle, both outside the house and inside.

Have plants yourself?  Do you talk to them?  I do.  I play music for them, too.  They seem to like the same kind of music I like.  Rock and Roll gives them panic attacks. Rap turns them into carnivores; anyway the Venus Flytrap seems to enjoy it.  Poison ivy does well, too.

A few times I’ve rescued plants that were not being properly cared for.  I repotted them, gave them reasons to live and they turned into grateful and graceful giants. Lately I’ve been playing French cafĂ© music, starting with the soundtrack from Woody Allen’s Midnight in Paris.  Do they like it?  Mais, Oui!

Plants and flowers have a lot going for them.  First thing anyone mentions is the color.  But, I’ve found plants can also share the magic of drama and for my money, no art has more drama than black and white photography.

Here are a few examples.  Not hard to do.  All of these photos came from inside and outside my house.





















No comments:

Post a Comment