Sunday, March 5, 2023

Buttered Cheese Biscuits by The Careless Cook

 

 




Some recipes are so good you won’t believe they’re so easy. Even The Careless Cook was taken aback by how quick and simple this one is.  Don’t have much time?  No sweat, no bother.  

 

In my own situation, I was informed that I really should get out of bed, get to the kitchen, and make a pile of biscuits for a ladies’ group of eager eaters.  I had less than an hour.  Thirty minutes would be about right.

 

Extensive recipes were out of the question.  However, goodness was paramount. 

 

Buttered Cheese Biscuits

 

Still in my pajamas, I raced to the kitchen and set the oven for 450ºF.

 

Here are the these simple ingredients:

 

2 cups all purpose flour

2 generous tablespoons of baking powder

½ teaspoon salt

¾ cup of milk (I used oat milk because I like the flavor) Feel free to be generous with the ¾ cup and add a bit more milk if needed to make a soft dough

¼ cup of butter, melted 

¾ cup of shredded cheese (I used a pre-shredded mix of cheddar and pepper jack.  Using a bit more is better than a bit less.)

 

Whip this dough in shape! 

 

Time to use that big bowl and the wooden spoon.  Add all the dry ingredients, including the cheese, and mix well.  Then, add the milk and mix until you have a soft dough.  If it’s still stiff, add a bit more milk, but not too much!  You’re not making pancakes!

 

Scoop out generous tablespoons of dough and drop on an ungreased baking sheet.

 

Set your timer for 8-10 minutes and slip the biscuits in the oven.  With my oven it took the full 10 minutes.  You’ll know it’s done when the peaks are brown.

 

While the biscuits are baking, melt the butter.  I used the microwave. 

 

As soon as the biscuits are out of the oven, paint them with melted butter.

 

Ah, yes, just in time to feed the ladies’ hunger!  Also time to go back to bed.


**********************


Don't forget to subscribe!  And make comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment